Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Naira G and Mc BornBlakky 
                 My Encounter with Muzik Africa Mc BornBlakky


Comedy just like music is the Medicine for a broken heart. Towobola Damilola of Spaiztainment caught up with Mc BornBlakky at an event recently where the Abia State born Laugh merchant almost ripped off people's ribs. Enjoy the excerpt



When did you gain the Fame as a Comedian?


The fame as a comedian, I think came in 2007 when I started comedy but I have been acting since I was 12 years old and I have appeared in three home videos, one is “Destiny Child”. Actually, from acting I got into the comedy industry and have become a strong foothold. I have been to a lot of events both in Nigeria and outside our shores but the listed ones are over 38. 


What would you say of other Comedians that copy other people’s jokes ...So what determines the kind of jokes you make?

Mc  BornBlakky
I think is just familiar with all comedians but it depends on the way you copy jokes. A.Y could just come up with a comedy while another comedian would do that same comedy in a brand new style. For me, I tend to use what I see, things in front of me and my past experiences so that determines the kind of jokes I crack.(Break)... Have you ever copied people's jokes?...hmmm, No.

Who are your top five Comedians?

Laughs)...my top five comedians in the industry, my fifth position goes to, I Go Die then Buchi, Emeka Smith, Teju Baby Face and the undisputed A.Y is my number one on the count down.

What should we expect from your show tagged “NAIJA @ 51 with DURELA, BORNBLAKKY AND NAIRA G”?

I want you to expect a lot, get ready to see Bornblakky in a brand new style, expect to see me in the craziest swags and on stage expect to see me funky. A host of artiste Durella, Naira G, Sabi, danny Young, Oluwacoded, De.on, T. Black, Dhammy D1 and many more would be on stage on Oct 2nd at Lion Gate Hotel, Sabo so expect the very best from the event. There would be a lot of paparazzo’s also on the red carpet. We are actually staging the event to celebrate Nigeria @ 51 with our fans and loved ones out there.

What makes you outstanding among your colleagues?

You know there is something in you that I don't have and there is something in me that you don't have that is life for you. God makes us special with one gift so I believe this distinguishes me amongst my colleagues. I have that special gift that makes me the best.

Tell you Fans the nasty stuffs you have done?
Hush, I was at an event at Easter tagged “Easter fiesta swag” near E-center. At the event, Muzik Africa picked me up on the red carpet and was questioning me. They asked me one particular question “How many years have into entertainment?” and I was like 15 years. The V.J shouted 15 years! Then, he asked his camera man to cut-it off. The question was asked again and I repeated vehemently “15 years”, he exclaimed again and followed up with a question asking where have I been? I responded by saying I was just coming now but I know I would get there. The next time Muzik Africa saw me at a function, they refused to interview me.

 One last word to your Fans out there

My Fans out there, I love you all and I want you to keep supporting me, keep believing in me and don’t be like Muzik Africa that left me because of my expensive jokes on camera. I love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment